Dental Implants in Ft. Wayne
A Beautiful Alternative to Dentures
Even losing one tooth can be devastating, especially if it’s visible to other people. Age, accidents, and gum disease can all contribute to losing teeth. In fact, nearly 30% of adults have lost all or at least one quarter of their teeth, requiring significant restoration, such as dentures, bridges, or dental implants. At our dental office in Ft. Wayne, Dr. Todd Briscoe recommends dental implants whenever possible for tooth replacement.
Dental implants are crowns that are fixed to titanium supports that replace the root of the tooth. They’re a superior choice for tooth replacement for several reasons:
- Improved appearance. Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth.
- Improved speech. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip.
- Easier eating. Dental implants allow you to eat your favorite foods with confidence
- Improved self-esteem. Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself.
- Durability. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
- Convenience. Dental implants eliminate the inconvenience of removing dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place.
Implants can help prevent the bone deterioration that results from the removal of the tooth’s root, and are superior to dentures for your overall dental health. Once the implant site has a healed, a porcelain crown will be fixed to the abutment that is placed on top of the implant. The crowns will appear no different than a natural tooth.