Even losing one tooth can be devastating, especially if it’s visible to other people. Age, accidents, and gum disease can all contribute to losing teeth. In fact, nearly 30% of adults have lost all or at least one quarter of their teeth, requiring significant restoration, such as dentures, bridges, or dental implants. At our dental office in Ft. Wayne, Dr. Todd Briscoe recommends dental implants whenever possible for tooth replacement.
Dental implants are crowns that are fixed to titanium supports that replace the root of the tooth. They’re a superior choice for tooth replacement for several reasons:
- Improved appearance. Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth.
- Improved speech. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip.
- Easier eating. Dental implants allow you to eat your favorite foods with confidence
- Improved self-esteem. Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself.
- Durability. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
- Convenience. Dental implants eliminate the inconvenience of removing dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place.
Implants can help prevent the bone deterioration that results from the removal of the tooth’s root and are superior to dentures for your overall dental health. As the head of your restorative team, Dr. Briscoe will collaborate with a local oral surgeon regarding the placement of your implant. Once the implant site has a healed, a porcelain crown will be fixed to the abutment that is placed on top of the implant. The crowns will appear no different than a natural tooth.
Contact the dental office of Dr. Briscoe at 260-486-9950 if you have lost your teeth, or are already wearing dentures. He will discuss all your tooth replacement options, including beautiful and highly functional dental implants.